Should You Choose A Wired or Wire-free Video Security System?December 17, 2020 in On-Premise Security, Security Cameras, Video Security and Surveillance Blog, Wireless Surveillance
Protecting your business with a video security system is a ‘must,’ but with so many options available, choosing the right one can be daunting.
Wired or wireless?
We’ve highlighted the pros and cons of each to make your decision-making process easy! Arm your business with the perfect surveillance system and head into a safe and secure New Year.
HD Wired Systems – An All-in-One Solution
Unlike a wire-free solution, which connects to the internet over Wi-Fi and powered by batteries, wired cameras use wires to transmit video footage.
A wired security system is generally referred to as a DVR recorder system, and can both support high-resolution cameras and provide 24/7 monitoring, smart analytics, and a variety of hard drive capabilities.
Benefits of a wired surveillance system include:
- Cameras won’t go down in the event your network does
- Reliability – don’t have to worry about charging batteries
- Video quality remains consistent – don’t have to use as much bandwidth
- Record continuously – no monthly fee (unlike a cloud solution)
Some disadvantages include:
- Installation requires a professional which can add up in labor costs
- Start-up costs will be higher than a wireless system – a wired camera system requires the purchase of cameras, a recorder, a storage unit to protect the server from theft, etc.
- Most DVR’s have a storage capacity – limiting users to store seven to 14 days before wiping clean the recordings. This can interfere with state-mandated compliance that requires the footage to be stored 60 days or longer.
Supercircuits offer HD security camera systems that include everything you need for a complete surveillance solution, including high definition cameras, a recorder, hard drive, power supply, and power cables. No matter which HD system you choose, you’ll have the convenience of an all-in-one solution, providing a quick setup, easy installation, and powerful, 24/7 monitoring for years to come.
Additionally, Supercircuits offers a one-year warranty, 30-day money-back guarantee, and FREE US-based lifetime technical support.
Wire-Free Cameras That Power Up Anywhere You Have a WiFi Signal
For many small business owners who don’t want to deal with installing long-distance cabling, and need an easy-to-use on-premise surveillance system, wire-free is the ideal solution.
- No need to mount them to a wall or ceiling – just plug them into your wifi network
- Can use cloud storage – providing an extra layer of security for your video footage
- Offers smart analytics like intrusion detection, motion detection and line crossing
- A convenient solution for renters and small business owners to use – just plug in when and where you need surveillance.
- if you don’t have high speed WIFI, you may experience glitches in your surveillance.
- Most rely on cloud storage – although it doesn’t cost as much in up-front costs, it does require a monthly subscription fee
- As your internet bandwidth fluctuates, so will your video quality.
Supercircuits offers wire-free systems that come with everything you need for your home or business security.
This includes security cameras, a networkable video recording device, a pre-installed and pre-configured hard drive, and access to our free mobile app for live remote viewing.
Our feature-rich wire-free systems offer smart IR array for clear, bright images for both day and nighttime surveillance, a built-in microphone and speaker for 2-way communication, and long-lasting battery life.
Interested in learning more about wired and wire-free surveillance systems, and how they can benefit your business? Call us today!